Top 5 Best 2-Slice Toasters 2023:
- KRUPS KH320D50 My Memory Digital 2-Slice Toaster
- Cuisinart CPT-415 2-Slice Toaster
- AmazonBasics 2-Slice Toaster
- Cuisinart CPT-122BK 2-Slice Toaster
- KEEMO Retro 2-Slice Toaster
You certainly know a time will come when you will have to say goodbye to your favorite vintage toaster that has been serving you so well for many years.
Perhaps this has already happened to you and your toaster just stopped working (and destroyed your breakfast!) so now it’s time to get a new one! The struggle of searching and buying a brand-new toaster that will fit your needs can be very frustrating.
Luckily, today we have a wide range of 2 slice toasters that come with many smart and useful features, as everyone seems to like their toast differently. There are numerous adjustable settings, from defrosting and reheating modes, countdown timers, and helpful button functions to removable crumb trays for safe and easy cleaning.
We explored the market in search of the five best 2 slice toasters because we know how challenging and time-consuming this can be. Eventually, we came up with this helpful guide with provided tips on what to consider before you buy one!
5 Best 2-Slice Toasters In 2023: Detailed Reviews
1. KRUPS KH320D50 My Memory Digital 2-Slice Toaster – Best Overall
Without any doubt, we can say that Krups My Memory Digital 2 slice toaster is one of the best 2 slice toasters out there! We guarantee you will not be disappointed.
For starters, this toaster is very stylish and will fit any kitchen counter. It’s made from plastic and stainless steel, but it is pretty lightweight as it weighs only 4 pounds! Also, it’s very compact as it is 12 inches long, 8 inches wide, and 9 inches high.
It has an extra-large LCD screen that shows you the toasting progress. Because of the wide slots, it is perfect for toasting big bread slices and bagels. It also has 7 browning levels to meet every taste! However, in the testing process, we noticed that it doesn’t toast evenly because it left some white spots on one side, and the other side was slightly darker.
Krups 2 slice toaster has additional features like cancel button, bagel, and defrost modes. Moreover, many people say that defrosting mode on this toaster works fantastic!
Another fantastic thing about this toaster is that it is very easy to clean due to its removable crumb tray that easily slides out. Although you should be careful when removing your toast since the body of the toaster can get hot, and it doesn’t come with a high-lift function.
- Easy to clean
- Big slots for large pieces of bread
- Defrost setting works very well
- Large LCD screen with a countdown timer
- The body of the toaster gets hot
- Doesn’t toast evenly
- Doesn’t have a high-lift function
2. Cuisinart CPT-415 2-Slice Toaster – Our Premium Pick
If you’re looking for a 2 slice toaster that is made of high-end materials and is also very efficient, you’ve found it. Cuisinart’s toasters are always a fantastic choice, and this CPT-415 2 slice toaster model will simply amaze you!
This toaster is made of stainless steel, and it comes in silver color with a simple yet elegant design. It has a small LCD screen with a countdown timer that beeps upon finished toasting. However, some people find this sound very unpleasant and loud. It has multiple toasting options, and it’s straightforward to use. Although, you have to hold the lever up when removing the toast, which is not so convenient.
It comes with additional features such as defrost, reheat, bagel, and cancel settings. Also, it has 7 browning levels and a high-lift lever, so you don’t burn your fingers upon removing the toast. Moreover, the bagel mode allows you to toast only one side of your pastry.
It’s fast as it heats up quickly, and the body of the toaster doesn’t get hot so you won’t burn your fingers. Another great thing about this toaster is that it toasts your pastries evenly, which is an essential factor. Additionally, it is very easy to clean since it has a removable crumb tray.
- Toasts Evenly
- Simple to use
- Heats up quickly
- High-end materials
- Has a countdown timer with a beep sound
- Price is a little bit high
- Very loud beep
- You have to hold the lift lever upon removing the toast
3. AmazonBasics 2-Slice Toaster – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
Finding a 2 slice toaster that is both affordable and efficient can be a challenging task. AmazonBasics 2 slice toaster can be up for it; it is quite cheap and works pretty great too!
This toaster is compact as it measures only 10 inches long and 7 inches wide and high. What’s more, it weighs only 2 pounds; thus, it is very lightweight and easy to transport and store.
It comes in black color, and it has a very simple design, that in our opinion, could be improved a little. The cheap materials are the downside of this product because the metal pieces can get pretty hot and can cause you to burn your hands.
It has extra-wide slots that can fit even a large bagel. Also, the extra-lift function is included for safer toast removal. Six browning levels allow you to make a toast according to your liking. Although, some people say that it doesn’t toast evenly, which is another disadvantage.
AmazonsBasic 2 slice toaster comes with the cancel button, a defrost, and bagel settings, which are very useful and are not often found on cheaper devices. Not to mention how easy this toaster is to clean because it comes with a removable tray.
Generally, this toaster has additional features that usually more expensive units have, which is pretty amazing considering its low price!
- Very affordable
- Extra-wide slots
- Extra lift function
- Easy to clean
- Compact and lightweight
- Doesn’t toast evenly
- Made from cheap materials
- Metal pieces get too hot while toasting
4. Cuisinart CPT-122BK 2-Slice – Good Value For Money
When speaking of good value-money propositions, Cuisinart CPT-122BK 2 slice toaster is definitely in the picture! This is another affordable yet very efficient toaster that you should not miss out on.
This toaster comes in black and white color and overall has a pleasant appearance. Although, materials on this toaster could improve a little. Plastic materials cause the body of the unit to overheat, and this is a disadvantage that we’ve stumbled upon while reviewing this product.
On the other hand, it toasts pretty quickly, which is a big plus. It also has an extra-lift function that allows you to remove the toast safely. However, we noticed that slots are not wide and deep enough which is a bit of a drawback for us.
Nevertheless, it has 7 browning levels, and the reheat option works incredible on this toaster! Moreover, this toaster has bagel and defrost mode, and also the cancel button. Yet it doesn’t toast evenly, which is another disadvantage.
However, you won’t have to fish out the small pieces of the toast because this toaster comes with the extra-lit feature. Finally, like other toasters from this list, this one also has a removable crumb tray as we find this incredibly helpful in terms of easy cleaning.
Altogether, this toaster works fast, has multiple toasting features, and yet it is very affordable, so it’s a win-win situation!
- Toasts quickly
- Extra lift function
- Reheat option works great
- Slots are not big enough
- Uneven toasting
- Cheap materials
5. KEEMO Retro 2-Slice Toaster – Best Design
Aesthetics can be a significant factor when choosing a toaster. That’s why KEEMO Retro 2 slice toaster is a great choice, and we just had to include it in our top 5 picks!
This retro, stylish toaster, is made of stainless steel, but the lever is from plastic, so it doesn’t heat up upon toasting. Another great thing is that the body of the toaster stays cool the entire time!
It comes in aqua-blue color, but you can also choose between turquoise, black, and cream colors. It has 1,5 inches large toast slots and a high-lift lever. However, when we tried to make a toast, the lever would not stay down and kept sliding back up thus it was hard to adjust it.
KEEMO Retro 2 slice toaster comes with built-up cord storage that wraps up the cord quickly in the base of the toaster! Although, the cord comes out of the bottom towards the front, which is inconvenient because there are only a few inches of the cable left that can barely reach the wall socket.
Still, this toaster has additional features such as a bagel and defrost mode and a cancel button. It comes with 6 different browning levels and LED indicating buttons. It also features a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- Beautiful retro design
- The body of the toaster stays cool
- Wide slots
- Built-in cord storage
- The lever doesn’t function that well
- The cord comes out of the bottom towards the front
- Doesn’t toast evenly
Things To Consider Before You Buy A 2-Slice Toaster
This could be an important factor due to the storage space you have available. This is a single-use kitchen appliance that will probably stay on your counter, and you don’t want it to take too much space. Fortunately, these toasters are, in most cases, very compact because of the fact that they only have 2 slots instead of four.
2. Even Toasting
This is undoubtedly the most crucial factor, and a common problem these days when buying a toaster. The perfect toaster should always produce perfectly toasted crisped bread on both sides evenly, and there should not be any white or burnt edges. Although, it does not mean that the more expensive the toaster is the more even it will toast your bread. It usually depends on the toaster’s design and heating elements inside of a toaster.
3. Slot Size
This is a very convenient function as broad, deep slots can fit any size of the bread, waffle, or bagel. At the same time, small pieces of bread shouldn’t get swallowed and stuck inside. Although this is a very nice feature, sometimes, these models can produce slices of bread with burned centers. But at least your corners will not be raw and will not poke out of the toaster. Overall, it is a handy thing to have on your toaster.
If you don’t want to burn your fingers during or even after toasting, this would be very useful. Because a good quality toaster should remain cool to the touch all the time. This factor usually depends on the materials used. For example, if it is made of plastic, cheap materials, your toaster’s body will most likely become very hot. Instead, look for a toaster made of high-end materials such as stainless steel or similar. Even the best toasters can hit up a little after the first toasting, so we recommend turning the dial down for the second batch.
We all have to clean up the mess after each usage, so it is handy if a toaster has a removable crumb tray. So, if you don’t want to flip your toaster upside down and bang on the back of it to get all of the crumbs out, you should always look for a toaster that has a crumb tray included.
6. Browning Control
Everyone loves their toast browned differently, so browning settings are crucial when choosing a toaster. Whether you prefer a light brown or a medium to dark toast, you can adjust this by simply choosing your browning mode. Most toasters usually have from 1 to 6 adjustable browning modes.
Appearance also matters to many people. Who doesn’t want a toaster that is aesthetically pleasing and will match their newly remodeled kitchen? Even though this may be an important factor, it’s certainly not crucial as long as the toaster does its job.
When it comes to the functionality of your toaster, there are some features you should always look for when buying a toaster, as these things could be very helpful.
- Removable crumb trays – essential in terms of cleaning your appliance, so it is always handy to have them.
- The manual lever – lifts and lowers the toast out of the slot. Although, it will be better to look for ones with the high-lever as they raise the toast a little bit higher, so you don’t burn your fingers.
- The cancel button – is very handy because it can allow you to stop toasting whenever you like.
9. Additional Features
These are also very helpful but not strictly necessary, and these are:
- Reheat setting is a beneficial feature as it heats your previously toasted bread without burning it.
- Defrost mode gives the bread some time to thaw by extending the toasting cycle. This way, you can use your frozen bagels, waffles, or bread pieces.
- The countdown timer will allow you to put your toast and leave it, as it will inform you when it’s done. It usually beeps, and some of the toasters have an LCD screen to keep track of the time.
- The bagel button will warm the cut side with more intense heat and slightly warm the outer part so it will still be crispy and chewable.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that the more expensive toaster will be more efficient. As these are kitchen appliances used for only one purpose and only have 2 slice slots, it shouldn’t cost more than 150$. The price usually depends on the brand and materials used.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Overall, the best 2-slice toaster depends on your needs and budget. Nevertheless, all of these from our list are pretty incredible, and you won’t be disappointed with whichever you choose. Without any further ado, let’s review our top recommendations from this list!
Best Overall: KRUPS KH320D50 My Memory Digital 2-Slice Toaster
- This KRUPS 2 slice digital toaster is undoubtedly one of the best toasters on the market! Not only it has multiple different functions; it even has an LCD display with a countdown timer so you can track your toasting process! Also, it has large handy slots, and defrosting mode works excellent. We guarantee you wouldn’t be disappointed with this one!
Our Premium Pick: Cuisinart CPT-415 2-Slice Toaster
- If you are willing to spend a little extra money but get another great kitchen appliance, you should definitely consider buying Cuisinart CPT-415 2 slice toaster! This toaster is great in so many ways; it is made out of high-end materials thus doesn’t get too hot when toasting. The most important thing is that this toaster will toast your bread or bagel perfectly on both sides!
Budget-Friendly Choice: AmazonBasics 2-Slice Toaster
- If you want a 2 slice toaster that is affordable but will get the job done, AmazonBasic 2 slice toaster is the choice for you. This is one of those models that will surprise you because it’s convenient and compact. It even has a high-lift function, so you don’t burn your fingers while preparing breakfast!