Top 5 Best Muffin Pans 2022:
- USA Pan 1200MF Bakeware Cupcake And Muffin Pan
- Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin and Cupcake Baking Pan
- Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Muffin Pan
- Oxo Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan
- Anolon 57306 Advanced Bronze Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin And Cupcake Pan
Muffins and cupcakes are trending right now! Therefore, if you are throwing a birthday party or organizing any other social gathering, home-baked muffins and cupcakes are a must, especially if you want to wow your guests.
You need to have a muffin pan if you want to be able to bake these round delights in your oven. Still, not just any muffin pan will do since your choice can mean the difference between success and failure.
All muffin pans feature individual cups designed to deliver perfectly round, perfectly-risen, and browned baked goods with a crispy, dome-like top. The best among them are quite versatile and can bake cupcakes, buns, egg sandwiches, circular quiches, and much more.
Our buying guide will help you choose the best muffin pan for your kitchen. Once you read it, you will be able to select the pan of the ideal size and material for your baking adventures. We also offer our top recommendations to make your selection even more relaxed.
5 Best Muffin Pans In 2022: Detailed Reviews
1. USA Pan 1200MF Bakeware Cupcake And Muffin Pan – Heavy gauge aluminum & steel pan with Americoat Plus coating
The USA Pan holds twelve standard muffins at once, but you can also buy the larger version that can bake twenty-four mini-muffins altogether. We have chosen to review the former, and we were very pleased with the baking results.
The superior non-stick surface that features a patented Americoat Plus coating is made from non-toxic, food-grade silicone that is PTFE, PFOA, and BPA free. It allows for easy food release and super-easy cleaning. Unfortunately, it is not dishwasher safe, so you’ll have to wash it by hand.
This USA Pan is made of heavy gauge aluminum and steel, which makes it resistant to wear and tear and guarantees durability. Even heat distribution makes sure your muffins and cupcakes are well done and adequately risen all around. The unique fluted design secures increased airflow for even better results.
The price is a bit higher but in tune with quality and performance. This pan will not warp any time soon, but if you do experience some problems, you can always rely on a limited lifetime warranty.
- Excellent quality and price ratio
- Non-stick coating for easy cleaning
- 100% chemical-free
- Very durable
- Even heat distribution & increased airflow for better baking results
- Warp resistant
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
2. Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin and Cupcake Baking Pan – Affordable FDA-approved silicone pan
Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin and Cupcake Pan is an extra affordable bright red pan that is going to bring a pop of color to your kitchen and brighten up your day every time you use it.
It is lightweight, easy to store and handle. Still, it is highly durable, too, as it can never break, scratch or rust.
This Keliwa muffin pan is made of high-quality food-grade silicone. It heats up rather fast and distributes heat evenly. Your muffins will pop out with ease as soon as you apply a bit of pressure to the bottom of each cup. You can bake almost anything in these cups, even eggs, and they will come out quickly as well.
The pan does not retain heat, and thus it cools down almost as soon as you take it out of the oven, and the baking stops right when you want it to. It is both dishwasher and microwave safe, so you can use it to reheat your food as well. It cleans easily even if you choose to wash it by hand.
Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin pan is FDA approved and made from non-reactive silicone resistant to stains and odors. It is sure to serve you for quite some time.
- Made from food-grade, BPA-free silicone
- Resistant to stains and odors
- The quick cooling feature allows you to bake your muffins as you like them
- Quick & even heat distribution
- Microwave & dishwasher safe
- It would be nice to have more colors options
3. Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Muffin Pan – Beautifully designed muffin pan with practical silicone handles
Racheal Ray Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Muffin Pan is a beautiful piece of kitchen equipment made in an attractive Latte Brown shade with a pop of color in the form of Agave Blue handle grips. These handles are super-practical as well since they are covered with silicone that allows for non-slip grip even when you have your oven mitts on.
The durable steel construction is sure to stand the test of time as it will not warp or rust any time soon. It also guarantees even cooking results due to impeccable heat distribution. Both the exterior and the interior of this pan are coated with a non-stick material allowing for easy food release and maintenance.
Speaking of cleaning, you will be pleased to know that this pan is dishwasher safe as well. However, we still recommend that you wash it by hand as the non-stick covering can get damaged or lose its effect if handled roughly.
There are two versions of this pan, and while they both offer twelve standard size cups, they are slightly differently shaped. The price is mid-range and reasonable.
- Beautiful design
- Ergonomic non-slip handles
- Oven safe to 450 degrees F
- Made from high-quality, durable materials
- Non-stick coating secures easy food release and cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
- Quality assurance
- The non-stick coating loses its effect over time
4. Oxo Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan – Professional grade ceramic-reinforced pan manufactured with Swiss technology
The OXO Good Grips Nin-Stick Pro Muffin Pan is a piece of professional-grade bakeware that enables you to bake twelve perfectly shaped and done standard-size muffins. You can also purchase a version that delivers twenty-four mini muffins, or both, it is up to you.
The pan is made of heavy-grade aluminized steel, ceramic-reinforced, and manufactured with high-profile Swiss technology. It is resistant to corrosion, stains, and scratches. The coating consists of two layers for extra durability. It allows for easy food release and cleaning, and it is dishwasher safe as well.
The steel structure of the OXO Good Grips pan is paired with the microtextured patterns for the best possible heat distribution that guarantees evenly baked muffins and pastries every time. The square, rolled edges add strength to the structure but also allow for more comfortable and safer handling.
Mid-range price, reputable brand, and the fact that this pan is made in the USA are reasons enough to try it out. You might notice that it warps under high heat, but do not let that concern you, it straightens out as it cools off.
- Professional grade kitchenware at a reasonable price
- Two-ply ceramic non-stick coating
- Scratch, stain, and corrosion-resistant.
- The heavy gauge manufacture
- Microtextured patterns for even heat distribution
- Non-slip handles
- Dishwasher safe
- Warps under high heat.
5. Anolon 57306 Advanced Bronze Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin And Cupcake Pan – Warp-resistant heavy-duty steel pan with practical silicone grips
The Anolon 57306 Advanced muffin pan holds twelve standard size muffins per pan. Its elegant bronze-colored exterior will compliment any kitchen, be it modern or traditional. Looks is not all this pan has to offer, though, as it is made with high-quality, heavy-duty steel for superb durability.
The Anolon 57306 is warp-resistant too and can handle rather high heat levels. It heats up quickly and allows the heat to distribute evenly so that your muffins come out evenly baked and perfectly browned.
Practical handles feature silicone grips for safe handling and secure grip even when you are wearing your oven mittens. The non-stick coating allows for easy food release and cleaning. Unfortunately, the later will have to be done by hand as this pan is not dishwasher safe.
The price might be on the higher end, but it includes a lifetime warranty for your peace of mind. If you count on the manufacturer’s impeccable reputation, the risk is minimal, so why not give it a shot?
- Elegant design and bronze coating
- Heavy-duty steel construction for superb durability.
- Warp resistant on temperatures up to 450 degrees F
- Fast and even heat distribution
- Wide, silicone non-slip handles for extra comfort and safety
- Non-stick coating on the inside and the outside
- Lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
What To Consider When Buying Muffin Pan?
There are numerous muffin pans on the market. They come in all shapes and sizes and have different features, so choosing which one of them to buy can be quite a task. We are here to help you.
Here is the list of things you need to consider before you spend your money:
The choice of material is the first stumbling stone you will come across when you go out to buy a muffin pan. Why is that so? Well, it is simple; the number of options can feel a bit overwhelming.
Unfortunately, no one can set apart a single material and call it the best as all the materials have their advantages and disadvantages. After all, a lot depends on your preferences and needs as well.
- For example, coated steel muffin pans are affordable and durable, but they tend to rust over time. It is, therefore, best to buy a nonstick-coated steel muffin pan. Silicone or Teflon coating will guarantee the quick release of your baked goods and prolong the life of your pan.
- You can also opt for a stainless steel muffin pan as it is rust-resistant and will not get scratched or damaged easily. Unfortunately, your baked goods can sometimes stick to this type of pan.
- Aluminum is another highly popular material when it comes to muffin pans. It is lightweight but conducts heat smoothly and evenly for perfectly baked muffins. It is not the most durable material, though, but you should be ok if you choose a pan made from thicker aluminum.
- Silicone is maybe the most popular option when it comes to baking nowadays. This rubbery material is very flexible and lightweight. Moreover, it can handle very high temperatures, which makes it oven-safe to up to 500°F. The best part is that silicone is 100% non-stick, and you do not even need to grease the cups before pouring them into your dough. Once baked, your muffins will pop out easily.
- These materials are the most popular ones, but there are other options worth mentioning as well. Stoneware pans are a bit more expensive but highly practical. You can also still buy traditional muffin pans made of cast iron or glass.
When it comes to the size of a muffin pan, there are two things you need to consider. First, you should count how many cups there are, and then assess the actual size of those cups.
The number of cups usually goes from six to twenty-four. Twelve cups are the most common option you will run into when shopping for a muffing pan. A common rule is the smaller the cups, the more of them there are.
- Mini muffin pans usually have 24 cups. Each cup can hold from 1/8 to 1/4 cup of batter. They are an excellent choice for baking muffins and cupcakes for children,
- Standard-size pans can have anywhere from 6 to 24 cups per pan, but as we said, they usually have 12 cups. Each cup holds half a cup of batter and produces a regular-sized muffin.
- Jumbo muffin pans offer only three or four cups per pan and can hold up to a full cup of batter. They are mostly used by bakeries, but if you are a big eater, you can use them at your home as well.
3. Nonstick Feature
We all want to have our muffins pop out of the muffin pan intact, and that is why most pans have non-stick features. If the material lacks such a quality, it is usually coated to allow for easy food release.
Nonstick coating makes your muffins and cupcakes more healthy as well since you do not need to use any oil to grease the cups individually. You do not need to buy paper liners either, so you’ll spare a few bucks too.
Here are the most popular non-stick coating options:
- Teflon or polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is used for metal pans. It performs superbly, but be careful not to expose it to temperatures higher than 500°F, or it will break down and compromise your health and safety.
- Ceramic is also a popular non-stick material used for coating metal pans. It is a non-toxic and eco-friendly material, but it is a bit expensive as well.
- The superhydrophobic coating is the newest addition to the non-stick coating materials. It will help keep your muffins intact, but it has a delicate micro or nanostructure that can be easily damaged by abrasion or cleaning.
Price is always a thing to consider, no matter how rich we are. Muffin pans have all sorts of price tags, but they are generally affordable. If you want to buy the cheapest one, you risk ending up with a pan that may break down over time. You should better spend a bit more on a top-of-the-line muffin pan that will serve you for a couple of years or more.
5. Extra Features
Silicone grips that allow you to handle the pan more safely and comfortably are a great addition to any muffin pan. Some muffin pans also feature a ridge near the upper edge of the cups. These extra ridges, or lips, prevent the muffin from “outgrowing” the cup and help create a high dome.
The main difference between muffin pans and cupcake pans is in the shape and depth of the cups. Muffin pans feature slightly deeper cups and straighter cup walls while cupcake pans feature shallower cups and a bit more slanted cup walls.
Are you ready to enjoy delicious home-baked muffins and cupcakes? For that to happen, you need to choose a muffin pan from our list.
If you still cannot make up your mind, we’ll give you a push in the right direction.
The overall winner is definitely the USA Pan 1200MF Bakeware Cupcake And Muffin Pan. It might cost more than other contenders, but the quality of built, durability, and excellent baking result justify the higher price.
If you are on a low budget, you cannot go wrong with the multi-practical Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin and Cupcake Baking Pan. It is an excellent and modern-looking silicone pan that will help you bake all sorts of delicacies.
Do not worry! Our top list includes only the best muffin pans on the market. Choose one and start enjoying delicious baking products.