Top 5 Best Bakeware Sets 2022:
- Perlli 10-Piece Non-Stick Bakeware Set
- Circulon 46847 Total Nonstick Bakeware Set
- Rachael Ray 55673 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips
- Rachael Ray 52410 Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Set
- CorningWare 6018696 French 10-Piece Bakeware Set
Without any exaggeration but baking can be easily called the core of all kitchen work. Easy to learn and hard to master, it makes one of the obligatory first steps on one person’s journey to culinary excellence and a happy place where all experienced chefs like to go back, do some exciting experiments and sharpen their skills.
oSo, if you have decided to master the art of pastry props to you! There is a long and exciting road ahead of you.
But, just like any other art, baking a killer pastry can’t be prepared without the proper tools. In this case, the instruments that will turn your dough into delicious cakes will be the good old bakeware sets.
So, let us take a look at some of the best bakeware sets currently sitting on the market and try to see which one of them deserves to find a place in your kitchen.
Here are our top five contenders.
5 Best Best Bakeware Sets In 2022: Detailed Reviews
1. Perlli 10-Piece Non-Stick Bakeware Set – Best Bakeware Set Overall
We don’t know if there is such a thing as a perfect bakeware set. This one, though, probably comes as close as it gets. Seriously, no matter what type of baking you are most interested in, the chances are this package has something for you.
This gives us a perfect way to mention the sheer number of goods you can find in the set. So, what can we find in this ginormous 10-piece set? Well, two round baking pans, two cookie sheets, pizza tray, oven crisper, muffin tray with 12 cups, and more.
But, the set doesn’t sway only with its volume and versatility. All the pieces are dishwasher-safe and feature a non-slip surface. And there are some small but effective touches here and there. For instance, the pizza tray features a very effective grid that makes sure that the crust will be evenly baked.
Also, all pieces are made from durable and incredibly reliable carbon steel that effectively eliminates hot spots and enables even heat distribution.
Of course, there are a couple of flaws. Namely, the pieces in the set are not entirely immune to rust, so if you wash them too frequently, you will start noticing the small traces. But, that’s something inherent in this type of material.
- The set contains ten different pieces
- You have all baking types covered
- Quality carbon steel
- A lot of useful small touches
- Not entirely rust-free
2. Circulon 46847 Total Nonstick Bakeware Set – Best Premium Bakeware Set
As we’ve seen, the previous package has set some pretty high standards in the world of household baking. How do you improve upon such an excellent package? The short answer would be – to preserve the things that worked and fix the ones that didn’t.
So, how successful is Circulon 46847 in this challenging task?
Well, a good way to start would be to mention that this set includes ten different pieces, which is pretty awesome. The list of usual suspects includes the likes of two round cake pans, two square cake pans, a loaf pan, a rectangular cake pan with a plastic lid, a 12-cup muffin pan, and similar items.
We would like to see a pizza tray somewhere in this bunch, but we won’t take this against the set.
This time all the items are made from heavy gauge steel that features even better durability than its carbon cousin. Keep in mind – the added weight comes hand in hand.
Still, we are most impressed with non-stick raised concentric circles that can be found at the bottom of every dish. They don’t only make pastry release much more comfortable, but also provide the food with an enjoyable texture.
Unfortunately, the rust is still present, which is something we have not expected at this price point.
- Versatile 10-piece set
- Heavy-duty gauge steel
- Non-stick concentric circles
- Cake pan features a useful plastic lid
- Too expensive for an average consumer
- Slight issues with rust
3. Rachael Ray 55673 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips – Best Affordable Bakeware Set
Up until now, we have seen two packages that tried to impress the audience with the heavy-duty build and an exceptional number of pieces included in the set. Rachael Ray 556673 has no such ambitions.
Instead, the people from the company have opted to cut the number of dishes, play up design, and keep the price as low as possible.
And you know what, that is a perfectly sound strategy. As a matter of fact, if you are still sharpening your baking skills, this cute 5-piece set might just be for you.
Well, as long as you are not too much into pizzas and muffins (ironically, some of the most popular beginner foods) because this set leans very heavily into the cake territory. What else could you make with so many deep pans?
But, if cakes and pies are your go-to food, you will be glad to know that all five pieces are made from durable steel, covered with non-stick overlay inside out, and feature pretty neat and useful silicone grips at their sides.
All these ingredients are able to withstand temperatures up to 500 Farhenheit, so no problem here. We are, however, bothered by the fact that the non-stick overlay is not very durable and starts to peel off after a couple of months.
- Appealing, energetic design
- Very affordable
- Five dishes are still ok
- Non-stick overlay
- Durable steel
- Not enough versatility
- Non-stick surface is not that durable
4. Rachael Ray 52410 Cucina Nonstick Bakeware Set – Best Looking Bakeware Set
There is no better way to describe Rachael Ray 52410 than as a love child of Circulon 46847 and Rachael Ray 55673.
On the one hand, the set somehow manages to squeeze in a whole ten dishes and offer all the versatility you can imagine in this price range. On the other, you still have the chill design, and incredibly useful silicone handles so characteristically of the previous product we have reviewed.
This exciting combination is largely helped by the fact that all dishes are in an incredibly good-looking cranberry red – a color we are not so used to seeing in this corner of the market.
The package sits at one very sweet spot if you ask us.
As for the very pieces and the build quality, they are a pretty standard affair – a couple of round cake pans, a couple of deep trays, obligatory 12-cup muffin tray. And all of them are made from heavy-duty gauge steel, dishwasher, and oven-safe, and covered with a non-stick overlay.
What are the complaints?
Well, let’s say that, in spite of quality materials, the dishes are not entirely immune to rust. The same goes for the non-stick surface. Some of the trays ended up scratched and bruised far easier than we’d like.
- A beautiful set of dishes
- Great versatility
- A lot of small tweaks that make dishes even better.
- Silicon handles on all pieces
- Prone to rust and not that durable
5. CorningWare 6018696 French 10-Piece Bakeware Set – Best Stoneware Set of Dishes
Last but not least, it’s time for something completely different. Unlike all other manufacturers that tried to push the concept of steel bakeware sets one way or another, people from CorningWare decided to take a different route, and release a line of stoneware dishes.
Stoneware is a pretty broad term that covers everything ranging from genuine stoneware clay to non-refractory fire clay. The compound we got here is beautiful, sleek, durable, and substantial. As a result, all the units can be used in an oven, microwave, freezer, and refrigerator.
On the other hand, the dishes are heavy and brittle, which was never a good combination.
So, what about the pieces included in the package? Well, you do get ten pieces, which is great. But these numbers don’t always translate to versatility. As a matter of fact, you will be mostly limited to oval trays and deep oval dishes.
Two of them feature glass lids, which are classy as hell.
So, most of the complaints we have about this package are either concerned with the choice of dishes or with the inherent flaws of the used materials, so it wouldn’t be fair to be overly critical. If you are into the things offered here, you’ll have a blast.
- Beautiful and easy to maintain
- Dishes perform excellently on all temperatures
- The set includes ten pieces
- Some of the dishes pack glass lids
- The dishes are brittle
- Not enough versatility
Why Should You Buy A Bakeware Set?
Ok, those were the five most popular bakeware sets currently available on the market. Now, you might be wondering – do I need any of these pieces to make pastry?
The answer is straightforward – yes.
Sure, you can try to bake the dough in any dish you can find in the kitchen. You may even succeed in your effort. Hey, humanity was able to put on some pretty good pies even before bakeware sets were yet invented.
But the times have changed, ovens have changed, and our habits have changed. Today, we strive for convenience, and baking the pastry in traditional dishes is far from convenient.
Bakeware sets, on the other hand, are built from materials that can withstand exposure to high temperatures in modern ovens. They are easy to clean. They contain all the pieces you need to make different types of pastry and other dishes prepared this way.
All in all, bakeware sets, at least in our honest opinion, make one incredibly worthwhile purchase and essential addition to any kitchen.
Types Of Bakeware Sets And Pieces
But, as useful as they are, not all bakeware sets were made the same. As a matter of fact, with so many different combinations and types of dishes on disposal, your experience with one of these kits will largely depend on what you eventually get in the package.
So, let us take a look at some of the common items that come wrapped up in most modern sets.
- Cake pans – Usually round in shape, cake pans are used for creating layered cakes. Expect to find a couple of different sizes in one set.
- Baking trays – One of the most spacious dishes you can find in the kitchen baking trays feature a rectangular shape, shallow depth, and they are used for creating an entire slew of different foods ranging from opera cakes to oven fries.
- Baking sheets – Close cousins of baking trays. Unlike them, though, they are rimless. Baking sheets are often used for cookies and pizzas.
- Muffin pans – Every decent bakeware set has at least one of these bad boys. As the name suggests, these dishes are used for baking muffins and usually feature between 6 and 24 muffin cups.
- Ramekins – Essentially, these are the small round dishes that are used for individual desserts like pot pies and soufflés.
So, keeping these things in mind, we can try to imagine what an ideal would look like based on your personal culinary preferences.
- If you prefer baking cakes and bread, look for the bakeware sets that contain larger baking pans.
- If your desserts of choice are cookies, cupcakes, and muffins, you should aim for more trays, muffin cups, and baking sheets. The third group of foods we are going to cover here is baked meals and roasts. In this case, you should get yourself as many different deep trays and baking pots as possible.
- Finally, we have to give a special shoutout to dedicated gourmands. If you are simply in love with everything, cover as many of the aforementioned bases as possible.
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Bakeware Set?
Of course, the type of dishes you are going to get in your future set may be the most important consideration you will have to make before you make a purchase, but it is hardly the only one. Let’s see what other big decisions are on the table here.
Materials the dishes are made from having a significant impact on their price, durability, and overall performance. So, here’s a short breakdown that should give you an idea of who’s who in the world of bakeware sets.
- Aluminum – Lightweight and affordable, is not that durable, and tends to wrap after frequent use.
- Carbon steel – One of the most durable options on the market. That durability, however, often comes at a very steep price.
- Cast iron – Probably the only material that’s more heavy-duty than carbon steel.
- Ceramic – A beautiful piece of kitchenware you will have no problem bringing to the table. Also, ceramic does an excellent job at heat insulation, but it’s, at the same time, very hard to maintain.
- Glass – Oven-proof glass looks stunning and is very easy to maintain but horribly underperforms when it comes to heat conduction.
2. Design And Ergonomics
When we are talking about the design, we are not exactly talking about how the pans and sheets look (although, this is a valid consideration as well). We are talking more about their ergonomics and practicality.
So, we advise you to look for dishes with regular shapes, and easy-to-use handles preferably with a silicone overlay. Moving the pans using bulky mittens is not the most practical thing in the world.
3. Size And Capacity
This one is pretty clear. Larger units will allow you to bake more food in one run. So, in this case, the bigger, the better, seems like a pretty legit approach.
However, before committing to anything, you have to ask yourself two things – just how much food you actually need (especially if you don’t have kids) and are you going to be able to squeeze all these pieces into your oven.
4. Type Of Baking Surface
Some materials are inherently easier to maintain than others. However, even the ones that require a bit more effort to stay clean can be made much more bearable if their surface is covered with some non-stick material like Teflon.
Keep in mind, though, that if your pans and trays feature a non-stick overlay, you should check their tolerance to oven temperature. For instance, Teflon is no longer safe for use when you heat it past 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
We are finally at the very end. You know what that means – it’s time to round up these five best bakeware sets on the market and decide which one of them is the best. We have to admit; this was a close race. All these sets put on a very solid performance and brought something unique to the table.
But, we eventually had to choose our top three picks. So, here is how things stand.
Best Overall: Perlli 10-Piece Non-Stick Bakeware Set
- As we already mentioned, this was a close race. Still, when we finally compared all the prices, the versatility, and quality of the products included in the package as well as the list of drawbacks, we noticed that Perilli Bakeware Set simply managed to strike the best balance between the things we consider essential. Great job!
Premium Pick: Circulon 46847 Total Nonstick Bakeware Set
- Circulon is a truly beautiful and versatile set of baking products. The only serious problem we had with it was a pretty steep price that doesn’t go hand in hand with the slight rust issues we have experienced. So, we can’t give it the number one spot. But, we can definitely recommend it to the people who are not that preoccupied with price.
Budget Pick: Rachael Ray 55673 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips
- This set may be scarce. But, it looks great, features incredibly useful silicone grips, and has everything pie enthusiasts need to make their first culinary steps. Oh, we forgot to mention – it is also incredibly cheap. So, if you don’t have too much money to spend, this might just be the right pick for you.