Top 5 Best Cheese Slicers 2023:
- Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer
- Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
- Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese
- Prodyne 805B Thick Beechwood Cheese Slicer
- Westmark Germany Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wire Cheese Slicer
How many of you are avid cheese lovers and consumers?
How many of you are not satisfied with the knifing skills?
Well, let’s talk about how practical a reliable cheese slicer can be.
We could talk all day about how important it is to purchase this kitchen utensil. It will ease up awful and tiresome slicing work, especially if you know that dealing with creamy or thin cheese is a living nightmare. Don’t despair the problem is not in you since even the ones with fantastic knifing skills are having trouble with this task.
That’s why we have done thorough research and highlighted all the essential details you need to pay attention to when trying to pick the best cheese slicer on the jammed market.
5 Best Cheese Slicers In 2023: Detailed Reviews
1. Westmark Germany Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wire Cheese Slicer – Angle Adjustable Heavy-Duty Slicer
If you are a true cheese enthusiast, then for sure, you love to enjoy various types of cheese. Since the different types of cheeses have different thickness levels, it is logical that the slice thickness must be different too.
The slicer should be able to cut through all types of cheese, but lovers of hard cheese may need to apply a little extra pressure during the cutting process, and sometimes the wire will break. Fortunately, this slicer comes with a replacement wire.
The Bellemain cheese slicer features durable construction. The smooth handle is made of aluminum, but the size is a bit too small for customers to use comfortably. It also features a smooth steel roller and stainless steel cheese wire, which is corrosion-resistant.
To adjust the thickness of the slices, you just need to change the angle since the wire is not adjustable. So whether you prefer paper-thin cheese or thick slabs, this slicer will allow you to achieve the desired thickness with ease.
It is incredibly easy to wash – simply wash it with warm water and soap and rinse it thoroughly. If this utensil gives you a hard time or it breaks down too quickly, you can refund your money from the sellers since it comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Durable construction
- Stainless steel wire and roller
- Adjustable thickness
- The handle is made from aluminum
- 5-year warranty
- The handle is not comfortable
- Hand wash only
- Not suitable for very hard cheese
2. Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer – Not Just A Pretty Face
If you neuter a taste for the finer things in life, you will absolutely love this elegant cheese slicer. This high-quality cheese slicer features a classy marble pattern, which not only makes it look stunning; it contributes to the durability of this product.
The Fox Run 3841 Marble Cheese Slicer comes with a stainless steel wire that can cut through both soft and hard cheese, but it is not suitable for larger blocks of cheese. The wire cut through cheese with precision from wafer-thin to thick chunky slices. In case of the wire breaks, you can immediately change it since the two extra wires are provided to enhance the long-lastingness.
A great thing about the marble board is that it does not absorb unpleasant odors or moisture from the food kept on it. So while working with it, you don’t have to worry about making the surface damp. The surface remains cool at all times, which prevents the cheese from sweating. The board is equipped with rubber feet to prevent unnecessary and frequent sliding.
The thing we don’t like is that this cheese slicer cannot be simply thrown in the dishwasher. Luckily it is very easy to clean it by hand with warm water and a good rub with soap. Make sure you thoroughly rinse it and pat dry.
- Made from marble
- Attractive appearance
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Equipped with two replacement wires
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel wire
- Hand wash only
- Not suitable for large chunks
3. Prodyne 805B Thick Beechwood Cheese Slicer – Classic Wooden Design
If you want a cheese slicer that features a classic wooden look, you will surely love the Prodyne 805B Beechwood slicer. Prodyne company is a well-known cheese slicer manufacturer that operates from the early ‘70s and has created a large collection of products using natural materials.
The wire is made of stainless steel, and it sits tightly between the arm and the board, allowing you to slice through cheese with ease and with great precision. What surprised us the most is the warranty.
The wire comes with a lifetime warranty against breakage. Meaning you can get a replacement wire any time it gets damaged, and all you need to do is send the broken or stretched one to the manufacturers, and they will deliver you the substitute free of charge!
The slicer is equipped with a sleek black arm and handle integrated into the board that has non-slip rubber feet to help you keep it in place while slicing. Beechwood material is widely known as hard-wearing and shock absorbing. It can withstand scratching and forceful acts longer than any other wood material.
This slicer must be washed by hand only! Throwing a beech wood product in the dishwasher could cause warping. Extensive use results in veneer on the wood to peel.
- Replaceable stainless steel wire sharp and precise
- Lifetime warranty on wire
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Classic design
- The highly durable board made from beech wood
- Hand wash only
- Veneer in the wood prone to peeling after extensive use
4. Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese – A Must-Have In Every True Gourmet Kitchen
Germany is known for producing high-quality kitchen equipment that is built to last. This is the one kitchen helper that everyone who likes to cook must have even though you will need to spend some extra money on it.
This model has an ergonomic design. The slicer is equipped with a stainless steel blade that is paired with an aluminum cast handle. A board built from ABS material is included, alongside an adjustable scale for measuring the width of the pieces, so from now on, choosing the right cheese thickness is a breeze.
The best part for us is how versatile this product is.
Its powers are not limited to just cutting cheese, although we recommend you to avoid cutting very hard cheese with this slicer since it can break. Food items like veggies (cucumbers) and fruits can also be put under its blade and cut to perfection. This comes in handy when you need to prepare a quick dish like a salad that is based on cheese and ingredients like veggies. Just cut them all at once on one board!
Cleaning is pretty straightforward. All you need is warm water, soap (or whatever you use to wash the dishes), and a brush to scrape off the residue.
In case this cheese slicer doesn’t live up to your expectations, you will be glad to know that this product comes with a 5-year warranty and will refund your money back.
- Solid construction
- Board made from ABS material
- Adjustable thickness
- 5-year warranty
- Easy to clean
- Not suitable for very hard cheeses
- Hand wash only
5. Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer – Exceptional Quality For The Price
Our next product is proof that kitchen utensils do not need to be expensive to demonstrate high quality. The manufacturer Bellemain based in New York is famous for producing innovative and modern, high-quality kitchen appliances for a meager price for some time now.
The one-piece solid construction is a big plus since it ensures durability. The body is made of solid zinc alloy that delivers superior strength and guarantees functionality for many years of use. It is a bit heavy since it is made of zinc alloy. The design and smooth handle will allow you to handle the slicer comfortably.
The adjustable wire and a smooth roller are made from stainless steel. With this slicer, you can cut cheese into three different-sized pieces. Depending on how tight you turn the brass knobs, you can slice cheese as thin as paper or up to 3.5 inches wide. The slicer comes with two additional cutting wires, which contribute to already great value for the price.
If the cheese slicer fails you somehow, the manufacturers promise to cover for you with a one-year warranty, which is great considering how affordable this utensil is. Also, to prevent breaking the wire, manufacturers recommend not using this slicer with hard cheese like parmesan since they are too hard.
- The one-piece zinc alloy construction
- Adjustable stainless steel wire and roller
- Two additional wires
- Affordable price
- One-year warranty
- Not suitable for hard cheese
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Cheese Slicer
Selecting the best cheese slicer may seem like an easy thing to do, right? You just need a product that will slice cheese with ease. But before you made the wrong choice, we recommend you to read our buying guide and learn several things that are crucial when it comes to picking out the best cheese slicer.
1. Type Of Cheese Slicer
As you begin your search for the best cheese slicer, you must decide which type of cheese slicer will suit your requirements the best.
- Cheese Plane – This type of cheese slicer is equipped with a downward slicing blade with a sharp edge and a flat surface.
- Rolling Cheese Slicer – This type comes with a roller that is attached to the wire. The wires are usually made from stainless steel, so they are replaceable.
- Board Cheese Slicer – This is the biggest and the most elegant type when it comes to appearance. The board serves as a base and can be used as a serving plate, typically made of wood, stainless steel, or marble. Also, the board is connected to the handle, and the wire is tightly placed between them.
Approximately a good cheese slicer will last around six years. The material for crafting the slicer must be something that won’t get damaged after a year. The slicer must be able to tolerate hard pressure and must be corrosion resistant. This is why stainless steel is the best choice for slicers since it usually lasts for almost a decade, and it is 100% rust-free. Also, make sure to buy the slicer with at least one replacement wire in case the original one breaks.
3. Adjustable Thickness
An avid cheese enthusiast will consume various cheese types, meaning each demands its own kind of thick slices. This means you need to invest in a slicer that allows you to adjust thickness when needed. Usually, adjustable slicers have an adjusting dial or knob built into the body to help you change the width of the slices. Also, there are others who need you to slightly change the angle to achieve the thickness that you desire.
4. Consistency Of Slices
The main reason why the cheese slicers are so popular now is the need to slice even cuts; otherwise, the knife was still doing its job. Being able to produce consistent pieces is a must since uniformity is very popular in modern cuisine. Remember, nowadays, the look of the dish is equally important as a taste.
The cheese slicer needs to guarantee safety for its users. Cheese wires and blades are, by nature, very sharp and usually made from stainless steel. Some models are much more dangerous than others, and they can cause cuts or scrapes. This is a particular concern if you have a mischievous little one running around the kitchen.
By flexibility, we mean that the slicer needs to be equally effective on both hard and soft cheese. A good slicer should be able to cut through hard cheese like Parmigiano, Pecorino Romano, and Grana Padano. On the other hand cutting smoothly through the softness of blue cheese, Cheddar, Mozzarella and Fondue are crucial too.
7. Cleanup Process
Washing a cheese slicer should be easy and handy. Scraping off residual pieces in one single stroke is a must. There are slicers that are suitable for dishwashers, and there are the ones that must be hand washed only. Either way, make sure that the cleanup process is straightforward.
With a warranty ranging from one year to a decade, you can be sure that your cheese slicer comes from a reliable manufacturer. There are some companies that even offer to send a replacement slicer or wire as soon as you inform them about it, some even do that free of charge. If they can’t provide a substitute, at least make sure they refund your money.
Finally, Our Top Three Picks Are:
We hope that choosing the best cheese slicer will become an easier task for you after reading our buying guide. Always first look at the overall quality and performance of the product before you look at the price since this is the only way to not make a wrong decision.
Best Overall Value: Fox Run Marble Cheese Slicer
- The slicer is made of high-quality white marble that will maintain a cool temperature and prevent your cheese from sweating. The blade is made of stainless steel that works great for both hard and soft cheese. The non-slip rubber base provides a strong grip on the table during the cutting process.
Best Budget Option: Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
- This is one of the most elegant and sturdy slicers you can find in the market for this price. It has an adjustable wire that helps you to customize the thickness of your cheese slices. Crafted from zinc alloy so you can be sure it will withstand heavy-duty use in the kitchen. Let’s not forget to mention it comes with a one-year warranty and an extra cutting wire.
Premium Pick: Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese
- One of the finest cheese slicers on this list is coming from Westmark Germany. This cheese slicer board comes with great design and usability; therefore, it costs a bit more than others. It has a praiseworthy cutting performance and adjustable thickness scale. The slicer comes with a steel blade for making the cheese slices even and consistent, and it also allows you to cut food items like cucumber, peppers, lettuce, and fruits.