Top 5 Best Egg Rings 2022:
- Fusionbrands EggXactRing Egg Ring
- Slomg Egg Rings Set
- HIC Non-stick Cooking Rings
- Yum Yum Utensils Egg Rings
- Winco Square Egg Ring
If you are an artistic person, you probably cannot but express your creativity in everything you do, cooking included.
The good news is that with some right tools you can easily take your creative cooking to great heights. Egg molds are a good example. These little gadgets enable you to prepare something as simple as fried egg and yet give it your personal touch or simply make it fun for your kids.
Before you buy an egg ring and surprise your guests or kids, you must consider a few factors.
There are a plethora of options available on the market, so buying the very best egg ring can be a bit daunting.
You have to assess both your needs and the quality of the product before you commit. Don’t worry though, we will help you narrow down your choices and find a perfect egg mold for your kitchen.
5 Best Egg Rings In 2022: Detailed Reviews
1. Fusionbrands EggXactRing Egg Ring – Adjustable & Versatile Silicone Mold
Fusionbrands Adjustable Silicone Egg Ring is a practical kitchen gadget that will help you serve perfect spherical eggs every time you feel like it. The fact that you can adjust the diameter anywhere from 1.5 inches to 4 inches makes this cooking ring one of the most versatile on our list. It also means that you can use it to prepare much more than fried or poached eggs.
This nonstick premium silicone ring is not just stovetop safe, you can use it in your oven or microwave as well. It can withstand temperatures as high as 450 degrees!
Nothing will ever stick to it so there is no need to use any oil and you can thus enjoy healthy fat-free meals. A handle allows for easy removal once your egg is done. Cleaning is simple enough even when you wash the ring by hand, but it is dishwasher safe too.
It might seem a bit pricey considering the fact that you only get one ring for your money, but don’t forget that it is adjustable and can be used for various dishes including pancakes, burgers, or salmon patties. Don’t be put off by a plastic smell – it will fade away quickly!
- Adjustable size
- Multiple uses
- Can withstand heat up to 450 degrees
- Dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe
- A bit pricey for a single ring
- Plastic odor
2. Yum Yum Utensils Egg Rings – Premium Brand & 100% Money-Back Guarantee
New egg rings by YumYum Utensils are not only professionally designed to deliver consistent cooking results, but also made from premium quality silicone that aims to make your life easier. Namely, besides being 100% non-stick, easy to clean, and dishwasher safe, this silicone can withstand the heat of up to 446ºF without losing its shape or being damaged.
The rings are FDA approved, non-toxic, and completely BPA-free. They come with a free recipe book that will help you get your creative juices flowing. There are numerous ideas to utilize these cooking rings and enhance your cooking performance. Unfortunately, the provided instructions should be improved, but you will manage quite well on your own too.
The set includes four circle-shaped egg rings that measure 4 inches in diameter. They all feature a practical handle to remove your eggs from the mold more easily. You can swivel the handle down to save some storage space. The price is low and you get a 100% money-back guarantee as a bonus.
- Premium, 100% non-stick silicone
- FDA approved and BPA free too
- Can be heated up to 446º F
- The package includes a recipe book
- Backed by 100% money-back guarantee
- The provided instructions are not very clear
3. HIC Non-stick Cooking Rings – Heart-Shaped Molds That Grow to Your Heart
HIC non-stick cooking rings allow you to cook perfect heart-shaped fried or poached eggs as well as omelets, pancakes, or even mini cakes for your loved ones to enjoy. There are four heart molds in a package so that cooking will not take too much of your time even when you do it for a large group of people or kids.
These cooking rings are made from durable carbon steel and feature a premium nonstick coating that guarantees your eggs will come out easily and undamaged. It also means that you will be able to cook low-fat meals with almost no oil.
The molds are resistant to heat up to 430ºF, and they are free from BPA and PFOA. Practical handles are cool to touch and thus safe for your kids as well. The handles can be folded when you want to store the rings.
If you handle them with care and wash them by hand, these rings are sure to last you long. Unfortunately, the dishwasher is not an option.
- Romantic heart-shape
- Made from durable carbon steel and premium nonstick coating
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to clean
- Allow for oil-free cooking
- Foldable, cool-touch handle
- Double as a pancake mold
- Not dishwasher safe
4. Slomg Egg Rings Set – Kid-Friendly and Super-Fun Egg Molds
If you have a big family, or you plan to feed a bunch of hungry kids, the Slomg egg rings set is a perfect addition to your kitchen. These stainless steel egg shapers come in eight fun shapes that are sure to wow your kids and friends alike.
You can use these rings as cookie cutters as well and double the fun! We tried out some fun and yummy teddy-bear-shaped pancakes too!
Being made from metal, the rings are 100% toxin and odor-free. The food-grade stainless steel is not only of premium quality but also both FDA and LFGB approved. It does not feature a non-stick coating though, but a spray of cooking oil will resolve that issue.
Thanks to the practical handle, they are easy to separate from the eggs and remove from the pan. The handle does not get too hot, so even your kids can give these rings a try. Cleaning them will not be an issue either as they are dishwasher safe.
- 8 fun, kid-friendly shapes
- Non-toxic & odourless
- Premium Food Grade stainless steel
- FDA & LFGB approved
- Not completely non-stick
5. Winco Square Egg Ring – A Square Peg in a Round Hole
Winco Square egg ring is a product of a reputable company that has a two-decade-long tradition in producing helpful kitchen gadgets. Made from stainless steel, this mold is non-toxic, BPA-free, and, of course, FDA approved. It enables you to prepare instant healthy meals for your loved ones.
Square shape and the fact that it measures 4.1 x 4.2 inches make it a perfect match to almost any toast bread out there. As a result, your egg sandwiches will never look better – fair and square!
This metal ring does not feature a non-stick coating, so you have to grease it and preheat it if you want to avoid a sticky mess! The good news is that you can wash the mold in your dishwasher too.
It is very important that your griddle or pan is completely flat as this mold is rigid and will not conform to any curves. If the surface is uneven, the egg or pancake batter will leak onto the pan and you will not get the desired shape. The handle is helpful when removing the egg, but be careful – it gets very hot!
- Square shape ideal for toast bread
- BPA free and FDA approved
- Rust-resistant stainless steel
- Strong and durable
- Dishwasher safe
- Handle becomes very hot
How To Find The Best Egg Ring For Your Kitchen
Each egg ring design has some benefits. In order to find the one that will satisfy your expectations, you must consider several factors before you make your final choice. Those are:
The material the egg rings are made of has to be firm enough to hold its shape. Besides, it must withstand high temperatures without altering the shape or suffering any damage. Most importantly, egg molds have to be made from food-grade material since that guarantees that no harmful substances will find their way into your food.
The best materials, as well as most often used, are silicone and metal. Both make a great egg shaper but we still prefer silicone a bit more. Why?
Well, we’ll tell you a bit about both types and you can see it for yourself.
- Silicone egg rings are designed to be non-stick, and they are 100% so! Therefore you will not have any issues even when you do not preheat the mold. Furthermore, silicone is a flexible material, and therefore it will be super easy to get your egg out of the ring without damaging it. Silicone does not become overly hot either so you are less likely to burn yourself handling it. You do need to be careful though and protect your hands appropriately.
- Metal egg rings are as efficient as silicone ones but they retain their shape longer and are thus more durable as well. On the downside, eggs sometimes stick to metal so in order to avoid such issues you need to take some precaution measures. First of all, you should preheat the metal egg ring. It would also be advisable to grease it with some oil or butter before you break an egg into it. If you do this, the egg should come out easily.
Egg rings have to work their magic in rather harsh conditions. They are exposed to high temperatures and washed with aggressive chemicals daily. It’s hard to predict how long an egg mold will last no matter how experienced a cook you are, so you should best try to find some honest reviews or recommendations.
An egg ring, even though it is called that, does not necessarily come in the shape of a circle. There are multiple designs offered and you should not limit yourself to a single one. It is, therefore, advisable to buy a set of egg molds that consists of at least three different shapes as that will provide you with creative freedom and make cooking eggs more fun. Some egg rings can be used to shape pancakes or cakes too, so with a few of your ideas, cooking can become endless fun.
4. Price & Guarantee
Egg rings are not expensive, but the difference in the price of different brands and models can still be significant, so it doesn’t hurt to look around before you make a purchase.
It would be best if the mold you buy is backed up by a guarantee. In this way, you will be sure that you can enjoy using it for years to come.
How To Use An Egg Ring
If you follow the subsequent steps, your egg will always come out perfectly shaped and done.
- Preheat your griddle pan or skillet on low heat.
- Melt a bit of butter or drizzle some cooking oil.
- Layout the egg rings to make sure they fit well.
- If using metal egg rings, allow for some time so that they can warm up before you add the eggs. It normally does not take more than thirty seconds. (You can skip this step if you have silicone egg molds)
- Crack an egg into the center of each egg ring.
- Increase the heat to medium.
- Once the whites are solid, carefully remove the rings. Most egg rings have heatproof handles that make this step easier, but if yours do not have them, make sure you protect your hands from burns.
- Use your spatula to take out the eggs from the pan.
- Serve the eggs and enjoy eating them!
Do you need to flip the eggs?
- Those of you who like their eggs over easy or over the hard need to add one more step when cooking them in an egg ring. You can either spoon some hot oil or butter over the yolks to cook them without having to flip the egg over, or you have to give flipping a try.
- If you are keen on the second option, make sure your eggs are well cooked before you attempt to flip them over. Once you assess that the egg white is solid enough, remove the ring and flip the egg carefully. If you get the timing right, the egg should still remain perfectly shaped when you flip it.
Conclusion & Our Recommendation
Hopefully, you now know everything there is about egg rings and you can choose the best for your home and start cooking perfectly-shaped eggs. All the reviewed molds have their advantages and disadvantages so try to identify the ones that will help you prepare the fried eggs of your dreams.
For elegant, perfectly round eggs, burgers, pancakes, or mini cakes, the best choice would be the adjustable Fusionbrands EggXactRing Egg Ring.
If you want to enjoy endless fun with your kids and make eggs shaped like teddy bears, flowers, or elephants, the Slomg Egg Rings Set is your obvious choice!
As we already mentioned the heart-shaped HIC Non-stick Cooking Rings grew to our hearts as well. We cannot wait for next Valentine’s day to use them. In the meantime, choose your favorite and enjoy your eggs as never before!